Sunday, February 3, 2013

Two Weeks to Closing (hopefully)

Well, here we are, approximately two weeks until our Pre-Settlement walkthrough and closing. I remember many of your posts about how stressful these last few weeks are - especially wondering if they are going to get it all done. I am having these same concerns now. The husband is less worried. He's sure it will all get done in time. I'm trying to be positive. Plus, our new appraisal is expected to be finished this coming week, so my fingers are crossed that the number doesn't change at all. Or it could go up, of course. :-) We have the lists of info to get to NVR as well, so that will take up some time this week.

We were able to stop by this weekend and get a few shots of the first floor. However, they have just finished (or started, I can't tell) the stain on the stairs and handrail, so the upstairs was off limits until after Monday. :-(

Without further ado, some pictures (in random Blogger order). First should be the pics of the stairs - I love them. We've noticed some slight inconsistencies in the stain (you'll see where the long handrail has a lighter-stained area in the center), but I don't know if/when those will get fixed. I guess we will see.

Next up is the dining room - I love this too. So beautiful with the trim. The large box in the center of the room is one of our hanging light fixtures. It's a 9-light chandelier, but I'm not sure if that will go in the dining room or in the foyer. I don't know what size chandeliers we're getting in those two spots. The paint is Sherwin Williams Pavilion Beige. In some lights, it looks very cool and greige-y. Other times it seems more warm, and a little peachy. It's a chameleon color, but so far I'm very happy with it. It's actually very similar to the Valspar Antique we have painted in the majority of our current house (have I mentioned before that the new house will be very similar to our old house in several ways?). The Pavilion Beige is just a little less yellow and a little cooler than the Antique. They fixed that crazy outlet, too, by the way.

Next, the kitchen - Santa Cecilia granite with Wyoming Cherry Spice cabinets. Overall, I'm very happy with this as well. There's one small granite cap on the half wall near the fridge area that has a very peachy look in person (I don't have a good close-up photo of it), but it's a minor thing. The rest of the granite is rather similar in color. The backsplash near the fridge also has that peachy color, but that's where our Keurig is going, so I doubt I'll notice it. Not all of the appliances are in yet (waiting on microwave and cooktop), and I'm not in love with the fridge (it was one of the RH choices, we wanted to just have all the appliances together so we wouldn't have to think much about it before moving in), but it's larger than our current fridge so that's great. Our current fridge has more of a rounded, sleeker feel so I will miss that, but it's just a fridge to me and it can always be replaced. I'm loving the double ovens though!!

Finally is our as-yet-unfinished fireplace - Buff ledgestone. There is a lot more rusty-orange tones in this stone than I think we were able to see at the time we chose it, but it's growing on me. I'm sure it will be fine in the end, and I'm rather pleased with how it looks against the paint. Perhaps a burnt orange accent wall is in our distant future? Who knows, but it'll be at least a year before any extra painting happens. The dry stack is something a little different - there are some gaps and things I'm not in love with, but honestly I think it would look worse if they had to cut small bits of stone to fill in those gaps. It might look more busy and I don't think I would like that any more. As it is, though, I'm still pretty happy with it (and can always just find something pretty to put in front of those less-attractive areas). We've never had a fireplace before and neither of us can wait to hang stockings at Christmas time!

So, I think I'll probably try to stop by this coming weekend as well. I don't know how you guys can stay away - you have much more willpower than I do! Let's hope the appraisal comes back in our favor (or at least at the same amount as it did before), so I can start to feel like we might actually get this house. We haven't started packing yet. Yeah, that's us all right. We are last minute to the core.

















14 comments:

  1. I love all of the photos! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks great. Good luck with the appraisal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Everything looks great! I love the wall colors and love the staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is looking wonderful. Love how the trim work pops on the paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great! It will all get done but its common to worry... I still worry and we are almost done now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your paint color. Did you request that? Our standard color looks almost white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was a choice from the "three tone paint package." We almost went with Sundew, but then my husband thought it would be too yellow. I'm so glad we switched to this color - I love it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. It looks so good with paint! I can't wait to paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that paint color make it pop. Looking beautiful, congratulations and good luck with the appraisal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you advise what paint color the walls are??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whewww glad I'm not alone in this...

    ReplyDelete