We had our pre-settlement walkthrough on Thursday, and then we went to "pre-sign" some things for closing. Turns out we signed everything, and closed on Thursday, Valentine's Day! That, in itself, was an experience.
We got the keys around 4 pm on Friday, and have been in a whirlwind of moving, shoving crap in boxes and forgetting what's in there, and stressing out since then. We were both back to work on Monday, and that was stressful too.
Some notes (and then I have to get back to work):
- NVR is terrible. We will have more to say about that later.
- The cleaners are terrible (I know other people had the same problems).
- Our PM and assistant PM are really nice, but a little lacking in the communication department sometimes.
- The dishwasher has already had a problem (carry-over from before closing, which we weren't aware of and are not too pleased about), and apparently it's so confusing that the service tech that was sent to the house yesterday now cannot be reached and is likely in South America somewhere. (Have to tell you all about that one - it's a doosie.)
- The house (other than the cleaning) looks great and I can't wait to get some pics up.
- The cats are about as stressed as we are (one of them wouldn't leave the carrier for 3 hours after we arrived at the new house).
We should be getting internet tomorrow (amazing how lost I feel without it), and we have movers scheduled for Saturday for all the big stuff (we moved some beds and a bunch of boxes ourselves on Friday and throughout the weekend).
I'll keep you all posted, and good luck to those who are still dealing with NVR's *ahem* stuff!