Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Is Ryan Homes coming around on some of our requests?

  I have been in touch with the sales manager since my last posting.  He claims to be working on the pricing of the "shelf" area for the shower in the master bath, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed until I see it in writing.  He said he would look into a couple of other things that I requested and were initially denied, so we will have to wait and see.  Getting these changes will go a long ways in improving my feelings towards Ryan Homes, but the truth is that these requests should have never been denied.

4 comments:

  1. Hi...posted to your other entry about the "shelf" in the shower. We just closed on our Jefferson about 2 weeks ago. We didn't have to pay extra for that shelf. I just mentioned to the PM that it would be nice to have more of that tub area in shower than the tub deck and he had the glass guy do it. No extra cost/pricing. I don't see any reason why they can't do it. I can maybe take a picture if you like. Hope you can get some reversals on those no's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are building a Jefferson in Pittsburgh and we did not have to pay extra for the shower shelf. We also purchased two ceramic corner shelves from our flooring company that will be installed in the corner of the shower. These corner shelves match the color of our shower tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how lucky you guys are out there in PA. My wife and I have have visited a Jefferson model out near Pittsburgh a couple of times, once before signing the purchase agreement to make sure that this was the right floorplan for us and then a second time to make sure that we weren't missing any upgrades or recessed light locations that we liked in the model.

      What I liked the most was the fact that you guys get to brick/stone your foundations, so on the back and sides of your homes, it goes siding to brick all the way to the ground. Here in Ohio they just leave the exposed concrete foundation, just siding and concrete. It looks much nicer the way they do it in PA

      Delete
    2. Yes I did notice that on some blogs of homes built in Ohio. I don't understand why you guys in Ohio don't get the brick / stone to grade

      Delete