Saturday, September 21, 2013

Deck Days #3 Plus...And Dining Room Furniture (finally)!

Here are some more photos of the deck in progress.  We're right now about 98% done - there are two railings on the stair platform that have yet to be installed (waiting on them to be delivered).  I can't wait until it's completely done.  Although today is a crummy weather day with rain forecasted all day long, so it's not like we'd even get to enjoy it.  Still, we're so close!  As for the patio, the contractors were supposed to come out today to measure for annd stake out the patio.  With this rain I'm pretty sure they won't be out here today.

Pics of the deck:



Very muddy in these pics (it's clean now).  It was so weird to have the bars off the door and be able to actually walk out of it!



Some backyard visitors!

Last Friday we also got our dining room furniture - finally!!  Took about 12 weeks total (so much for 8-10), but we're really happy with it.  I was nervous, I'll admit, since we "built" it ourselves at the Amish builder's store and I had no idea that it would all work together.  But it's great!  Solidly built.  My only complaint (other than I have nothing but wine glasses to put in the hutch) is that I think should have ordered the 48" top instead of the 42" top.  I really wanted a 44", but the builder didn't make that size. But, the 42" will work just fine.  It doesn't take up as much space in the room, so it's easier to get around the table when people are sitting there.  Can't wait for Thanksgiving - we're planning on having my side of the family over.  It'll be a true test of the set!

The dining room before:


The dining room with furniture!

Hutch, with the table in process.

Double pedestal base - I love this.  So chunky.





Love these chairs - we loved the X-back, and the upholstery is very simple (to go with anything).

Hopefully we'll have more progress on the backyard soon, before it gets too cold!

















7 comments:

  1. The deck looks great... I love the lights! And the dining room set is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My morning room chairs and kitchen bar stools look just like those! The only difference is the color of the fabric on mine are a little darker. We got them from Ashley Furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dinning table! Looks so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of your deck! So pretty! I love the dark hues! Your furniture is great! I love how it works well with your color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great... I can't wait to see the patio! I love you dining room furniture too. Pedestal tables are clutch! The Amish really know how to build quality furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have deck envy!! I am having my Charlotte home built as we speak https://www.drhorton.com/north-carolina/charlotte/mooresville/meadows-at-coddle-creek ,and a good deck has always been on my wish list! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete