Monday, July 2, 2012

Moving forward...

  After a long discussion, my wife and I have decided to move forward with building the Jefferson, as long as the pre-appraisal comes in at the right amount.  We simply like the lot and the layout of the model too much to walk away at this point, even with all of the stuff we will have to rip out and replace after closing.  We signed our "final change order" last Friday, but there will be one more after the topography map is completed since we are waiting to hear back on some basement window placements.


  1. We wanted different things too but overall it didn't change our like for the floor plan. I just chose the basic Wheat Granite for the bathrooms because it was light and neutral. Your going to love your home! Your elevation is similar to one of the Avalon's.

  2. Happy you stuck to your heart's desire!! Happy Building!!

  3. Replies
    1. Not quite yet. We are paying the last of our good faith money today, but the plan still stands for ground-breaking sometime in September (they're still finishing a lot of dirt work in other lots in our Phase). So, we're in a bit of a holding pattern right now--hence the lack of posts. Next steps will be our pre-construction meeting in late August/early September. Until then, we have our fingers crossed that our pre-appraisal comes back within an acceptable range of our build price, otherwise we may have to walk away then. :-(